Sunday, September 21, 2008

Welcome! Introduction- The Power of Sexuality in Politics

Welcome to The Power of Sexuality in Politics! I am going into this experience with an open mind, in hopes to avoid all biases, however I am not making any promises that I will remain completely opinion-free. I mean after all, that is the point of blogging.
The topic of Sexuality in Politics has always sparked my interest, and now that I am presented with an opportunity to expand my knowledge I plan to take full advantage of it. Along with extensive research and interviews, I will incorporate personal feedback as well. Below are just a few of the ideas in which I will discuss.

Have you ever seen this man?
Do you know who he is, or what he is known for?
Photobucket
If you are unfamiliar with this man, join the crowd. Although his face is unrecognizable, and even his name is easily forgotten, his reputation has paved a road that threw politics into one of the biggest uproars seen in the United States.
This, ladies and gentlemen is Jim McGreevey, the first governor and t o date, the only openly gay state governor in United States history. This blog will explore his story, as well as the controversy that his sexuality caused in his career. Although McGreevey is the first and only gay governor to date, many other politicians have undergone treatment similar to his, and that also will be explored and discussed.

Sexuality is more than ones "interest or involvement in sexual activity". Much more as a matter of fact. Take this for example.

Does this woman look familiar?
Look at those eyes. That beaming smile. Appealing?
Photobucket
Of course, why else would have John McCain chosen her to run with him in his current presidential campaign. Women, more commonly than men are able to use their sexuality as a way of persuading people into "believing what they see". Sarah Palin, along with other women in political situations are able to use their glowing smiles and sex appeal to strengthen their campaigns. Palin's as well as other similar cases will be discussed in this blog.

I am excited to see where I will be able to go with this, and I strongly encourage any questions or comments on any posts made. Enjoy!

No comments: