Sunday, September 28, 2008

Why So Interested?

When I first started thinking of blog topics, I was thinking more of a topic that could be covered throughout an entire semester as opposed to a topic that really sparked my interest. Things have changed however. Since the beginning of the current election I have been a close follower of Hillary Clinton, only beginning to like Barack Obama when things became heated between him and (ex)fellow candidate.
I had always been a fan of both Hillary and Bill Clinton, but with the introduction of Hillary running for President, things for me took a change. I knew things for Hillary were going to be difficult, one because of the past foundation that Bill had laid for her, and also the fact that she was a women. That small bit alone changed this entire election, whether or not she stayed in it to the end.
Now that Hillary is no longer a candidate, Sarah Palin has happily filled her shoes. One women in this rounds election was not enough, why not make it two. After doing extensive research on the current election, as well as following closely on the television and internet, I have come to realize that this topic has become part of my every day life. I seem to always have an opinion, and whenever the topic comes up, I feel the need to include my input.
I have now found an excitement in writing and researching for this blog. I look forward to seeing what kinds of information I can obtain for my blog posts. I expect that youtube.com and I will being seeing a lot of each other.
Although this blog will not focus all of its energy to the media attention that has been directed towards Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin, it will be the topic of choice until the closure of this election. I have a feeling the news, both television and internet sources, will be overflowing with information and gossip regarding these women, primarily Sarah Palin. The topic of sexuality in politics is now intriguing to me. I am fascinated in its power and how it can play huge rolls on the success rates of candidates, as well as the discrimination that is close behind.

No comments: